Best anti-inflammatory foods for the brain
If you don’t want to take prescription medication to reduce inflammation in your brain and body, consider adjusting your diet. Fortunately, we have lots of selection when it comes to anti-inflammatory foods.
*Did you know inflammation in the brain and body can contribute to diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, arthritis, depression, brain fog, heart disease, and even cancer?
Symptoms of inflammation in the brain
- Apathy or lack of motivation
- Brain Fog
- Brain Fatigue
- Inability to focus and concentrate
Foods that inflame the body
- Fried foods
- Soda pop
- Shortening, margarine
- Processed and packaged meats
- Meats that aren’t completely grass fed
- Refined Carbohydrates and grains
- Almost anything listed as “heart healthy” whole wheat or whole grain
- Lectin containing foods such as legumes
- Cooking oils marketed as “cholesterol free” vegetable oil
- Canola oil
Anti-inflammatory spices and oils
- Cold pressed virgin Coconut oil
- Cold pressed virgin Olive oil
- Palm oil
- Types of fish (Wild caught salmon, Sardines, Atlantic Mackerel)
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Nuts (Walnuts, Cashews, Hazelnuts)
- Green leafy vegetables (brussel sprouts, spinach, kale)
- Dark colored berries like wild blueberries, cherries and pomegranate
Natural anti-inflammatory supplements
If you aren’t a fish eater, or are struggling to take in enough anti-inflammatory foods, consider taking an Omega 3 fish oil supplement. Dr. Medina, and a vast majority of his patients, take Apex Energetics’ OmegaCo3 fish oil daily, TurmeroXL (highly concentrated Turmeric extract) and ResveroXL (highly concentrated resveratrol extract). He even has patients who cannot stand the sight of fish, who take this on a daily basis (it doesn’t taste bad!).
To learn more about fighting inflammation in the brain and body, and Apex Energetics’ OmegaCo3 fish oil, TurmeroXL and ResveroXL products contact Dr. Ernesto Medina to set up your free 30 minute consultation.
*Dr. Medina speaks to all sorts of audiences on the importance of taking care of ones brain, how to prevent Alzheimer’s, and more. If you’d like to learn more watch his video, Aging with a Healthy Brain.