A Holistic View to Mental Health
Dr. Ernesto Medina and Dr. Shasta Ericson (a licensed acupuncturist and doctor of oriental medicine) hosted a free webinar called, “A Holistic Approach to Mental Health”.
Dr. Ernesto Medina discusses the importance of an integrative approach to managing mental health, as well as all the possible environmental contributors to depression and anxiety.
Dr. Medina shares a TED Talk titled, “The surprisingly dramatic role of nutrition in mental health” by Julia Rucklidge. In this video, Rucklidge shares the positive outcomes of patients who suffer from ADHD, anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues. The solution? A targeted nutrition plan.
Dr. Shasta Ericson discusses the importance of community, having a tribe, and connecting with people for mental health.
Depression, Anxiety, Mental Health Factors
Underlying risk factors that can contribute to depression, anxiety, and mental health issues involve the following:
- Concussion/Head injury
- Gut health
- Mold/Mold Toxicity
- Sex Hormones (progesterone, testosterone, estrogen)
- Blood Sugar
Integrative Approach to Mental Health
An integrative approach to mental health covers the following:
- Psychiatry – Medications
- Behavior Therapy/ Talk Therapy
- Nutrition and Targeted Supplementation
- Stress Reduction/Management
- Sleep Hygiene
Thyroid Affects Your Mental Health
The thyroid plays a huge role in mental health. Dr. Ernesto Medina has helped countless patients find the root cause of their thyroid issue, and learn how to naturally heal their thyroid.
- 1 in 8 women have a thyroid problem (more like 1 in 4)
- 50% of these go undiagnosed
- The majority have Hypothyroidism (low functioning thyroid)
- 85%-95% of Hypothyroid cases are due to an Autoimmune Disease
- Most common signs and symptoms:
Mold Affects Your Mental Health
Mold Toxicity is a serious issue that can cause Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) or a Biotoxin illness. The conventional medical field has a poor understanding of how mold affects people. This leads to misdiagnosed illnesses without finding the root cause of their symptoms. Dr. Medina has helped patients by using proper diagnostic testing methods (urine testing) through specialized laboratories.
See our case study and patient testimonial about Toxic Mold and how Dr. Medina helped this 20-year-old woman.
Definitions of Wellness
The definitions of wellness usually include the following:
- Positive attitude
- Pleasure of living a balanced, purposeful, and connected life
- Traditional medicines, such as Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic medicine have always incorporated mind, body, and physical wellness
Did you know that “1 in 3 adults age 45 and older suffer from loneliness, which is as detrimental as smoking 15 cigarettes a day”?
Relieve Your Stress
Here are a few ways to reduce your daily stressors:
- Reduce noise around you
- Reduce personal pollutants you breathe in, eat, or expose yourself to
- Be early, plan ahead
Sense of Belonging
Find a sense of belonging in your life. Here are a few examples:
- Have a spiritual dimension to you even if it is just a “sense of wonder”
- Explore a new tradition
- Participate in an activity that you enjoy
If you’d like to listen to our free webinar, find it here: A Holistic Approach to Mental Health webinar.
Stay tuned for future webinars!
We Can Help You!
It’s important to find a doctor who will take the time to find the root cause(s) of your mental health symptoms.
Contact us today to set up your free consultation to discuss your symptoms, concerns, and next steps to a healthier life!